Monday, March 21, 2011

For my Sister, my friend

When you feel you are feeling low....I will pick you up...when you think you can't take one more step I will help you....when you want to cry I will cry with you ....and then we will laugh and I will remind you how blessed we are to have each other.

We have been through hell and back and the more that life throws at us the more that we grow and the closer we become. I don't know what I would do without you.....and I don't know what you would do with out me....LOL...Today you turn 47....I remember when Mom brought you home from the hospital and you were so tiny. It is wild but I remember thinking you were a doll. Then we started to become people and boy were we opposites! Oil and water....the princess and the tomboy...you were dolls and I was motorcycles. We shared a room and fought like cats and dogs but when you were scared I stayed up with you because you thought the vampires were going to get you! We divided our room, picked on the boys when we were suppose to be taking naps, played barbies, and played in a pretend band. We made good memories when we were kids....then we grew up. We grew up and apart for awhile and then life began to happen....divorce for me...a terrible break up for you...then as women we began to bond...not without our fights of course! We were and still are completely different personalities but the events in our lives have brought us together. We have fought together, we have loved together, we have laughed together, we have lost together and we have cried together and honestly I don't know what I would do without you. When I am down you find a way to pick me up...when you are down...I will find a way to do the same. When one of us is forgetting how blessed we are the other always reminds the other one!! After losing Mom and Dad I was so alone and there you were....we got each other through it. And now everyday I thank God tbat you are not only my sister but my friend. I love you more today than I ever thought was possible....so today little sister HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love you!

1 comment: