Saturday, January 16, 2010

Its all about the Love....

Funny how you can start something with one intention in mind and as you begin to process you find something you never expected, something that was so far from your vision that you are taken back by it. I have been working or beginning to work on a piece and just havent been able to find my "mojo" as my sister would call it. Then a friend wrote something today that stirred something in me.....that woke my "mojo"!

When I began to type it just came flowing out like this beautiful melody from an old, comfortable love song....and then it hit me....I wasnt just writing "my story".....I was writing a love story. This is not just any old love story and not a love story in the normal sense of the phrase, but a story of the "love of...."......the love of someones life, the love of their children, the love of God, the love of family, the love of friends, the love of love and the love of hate, the love of a city, the love of a lifestyle, the love of adventure, the love of the light and the love of the dark, the love of money, the love of winning and losing, the love of business, the love of generations, the love of laughter, the love of life until death......the "love of" !
 I have had an undeniable awakening..........Love is not always a good thing, not that loving someone or something is bad....it just depends on what it is that you love and if it is worthy of that one emotion we are all afraid of, cant wait to experience, and sometimes cant wait to let go of.....Is who you love worthy of your love? Are you worthy of theirs? Is what you love worthy of the sacrifice you make to have it?

The only love that I am completely sure of is the love of and for God, the love I have for my children, and the love of my parents.....other than that, well I guess that is what I will find out in this story.  Although I thought I had come full circle and forward was the only way I was moving, I have come to realize that I must go back....not backwards ..........I must take that Journey to the beginning and there is where I will find my story.
Everyone has a story.....especially living in Las Vegas! If you have been here since the 70's or 80's....WE my friend are what we call in Vegas "connected".......if you are a Vegan you will chuckle under your breath at that word.....for here in this city of sin it means many things! So what is your story? What is your "connection" to Vegas......oh and by the way....in no way is being "connected"  a bad thing....in fact being "connected" and "reconnected" this last year has literally changed the direction of my life....it has changed my attitude, my self worth, my motivations and most of all my heart.....So tell me your story....you can change the names if you like...but we all know we have "Our story"!

2 comments:

  1. Nicely done and so true!! I think your found your "Melody" and it is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From your Vegas Sister... You tapped right into the artery of our connected bloodstream... Vegas girls born and raised, tell em' Kath!!!

    ReplyDelete