Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Is the end the beginning or the beginning the end?

I thought my first blog would be different than the thoughts I am about to write......somehow I thought I would be starting at the beginning........but today I lost someone very special to me and it made me wonder..........is it the end or is it the beginning? All my life I always seemed to just "know" things.....some were things that I never learned but somehow I knew...........some things were more intuitive things. Lately I have had the feeling something was coming to an end and with the New Year being upon us I had a sense of beginning, No I am not bipolar, nor do I have several personalities, however I am a Gemini!! This feeling I get happens when I am about to lose someone to death......it sometimes comes a year or so before but it doesn't leave until that person takes their last breath. Am I psychic....I don't know. What I do know is that my perception of death has changed, maybe because I have lost so many loved ones over the last decade or maybe because I have become so much stronger in my faith. Both have something to do with the other. I used to view it as the end....the end of a life here on earth, the end of a relationship, however now I have a sense of happiness for the person that I lost for they have come to the end of the beginning! Like the butterfly that works and toils as the caterpillar to build the cocoon around itself, a safe place for it to grow....for it to become.....for it to end its life as a caterpillar. Then just as it comes to its end the cocoon opens and the beautiful butterfly emerges, free, beautiful, peaceful in its beginning.........its end was its beginning. The sadness I feel today is from an ending and it is for me, for my loved one I feel joy because in the next few days his soul will emerge into the heavens where he will be with God, where he will be free of the binding of his cocoon, no pain, no ugliness.....just beauty, joy, freedom and peace. Rest in Peace my beautiful Uncle Cliff............I will see you when I am done building and growing in my cocoon

No comments:

Post a Comment