Friday, September 24, 2010

Moments....

There are so many stories to be told, so many lives that will unfold, so many connections that bring us to this moment.....when we realize that all that has happened in life has been for this...this moment of happiness....this moment of feeling reconnected....this moment of friendship, love and family....the events in our lives have been getting us ready for our time...our time to transcend this life..........this might mean the end of our life as we know it now....it might even mean death. No matter what the end result every breath you have breathed, every step you have taken, every love you have loved, every heart broken, every birth and every loss.....brings you here....now....when it is time for you to transcend to your next phase in life whether it be with your twin soul or to be with the Lord....you must have given it your all....you must have loved as deep as it was possible, laughed so hard you would pee your pants, cried so hard your heart literally stops because that is what living is.....that is what we call life....It is not the number of breaths that we take....it is the moments that take our breath away! I am writing this tonight for my Daddy.....On Monday September 27, 2010 it will have been 3 years since I heard the last words he would ever say to me...."I love you too baby".....He was about life....he lived every minute of his life....and he used to tell me "life is to short to be unhappy" My Daddy might be gone but he taught me how to live....he taught me what it was like to be loved deeply, he taught me what it was to have someone believe in me because he always believed in me even when I didnt believe in myself....he taught me what a hero was.....because he was.....My Hero.

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful. I think this is your best piece so far. You are definitely finding your voice, and it is a lyrical one indeed. Your Dad would be proud.

    ReplyDelete